PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Neera Bahl started her Legal career in January 2005, when she joined Dixit & Youn, LLP as an associate in 2005. Thereafter in 2007, she became a name partner in the firm changing the firm name to Dixit, Youn, & Bahl, LLP. In April 2009, she founded Neera Bahl & Associates for her independent practice of law. Earlier, Ms. Bahl interned at the Jimmy Carter Center (Human Rights Division); worked as a Constituent Representative for U.S. Rep. Denise Majette (GA Dem. '04-'05), focusing on immigration issues; and served as law clerk for Fulton County Superior Court Judge Honorable Gail S. Tusan.
EDUCATION: Licensed in Georgia, she received her J.D. from John Marshall Law School - Atlanta (2000). Prior to that, she served as a Sr. Research Specialist for 16 years at the Emory Univ. Dept. of Dermatology, and for 5 years at the Univ. of Alabama. She received her M.A. in English from Punjab University, India (1979); B.Ed. in Psychology from D.A.V. College, India (1977); B.S. in Chemistry & Biology from D.S. College, India (1976). AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award 2010 from John Marshall Law School
- Recipient of the "Tip Volunteer of the Year Award" in 2007.
- State Bar of Georgia (December 2004).
- Current President, U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce-South East Chapter (USPAACC-SE) Since 2014
- Atlanta Bar Association.
- Super Lawyers list for 2012, 2013, 2014
- Secretary, AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association).
- Treasurer, SABA-GA (South Asian Bar of Georgia).
- Board of MBLC (Multi Bar Legal Council).
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL).
- Board member GIACC (Georgia Indo American Chamber of Commerce), served as the Secretary in the year 2007-2008.
- Board of the Women′s Committee of TiE-Atlanta (The Indus Entrepreneur).
- Volunteer for Truancy Intervention Project (TiP).
- Volunteer with Raksha, Inc. helping victims of domestic violence.
- Volunteer of the Sindhi Sabha Children School, teaching spiritual development, yoga, Hindi language classes, and music.
- Member of Self-Realization Fellowship, served as the Secretary (2006-07).
- Chairwoman of the India Cultural and Religious Center, Atlanta (1996-1997)and an active volunteer of this organization for the last twenty years.
- Chairwoman for the Indian American Cultural Association of Birmingham, AL (1987).
PERSONAL INTERESTS: Ms. Bahl enjoys singing Indian vocal and playing instrumental music; Practicing Yoga and Meditation; Hiking, Reading and Travelling. FUTURE GOAL: Continued commitment to personal growth and leadership to benefit my professional society and community at large in all my capacities. I also have the dream to serve the bench when an opportunity arrives.